Anna, at Hachette Book Group, is letting me do a giveaway along with my review of A Good Talk by Daniel Menaker. I'll post the review when I announce the winners on February 22, 2010.
Here's the summary courtesy of Hachette Book Group:
A GOOD TALK is an analysis of and guide to that most exclusively human of all activities-- conversation.
Drawing on over forty years of experience in American letters, Menaker pinpoints the factors that drive and enliven every good conversation: the vagaries (and joys) of subtext; the deeper structure and meaning of conversational flow; the subliminal signals that guide our disclosures and confessions; and the countless other hurdles we must clear along the way. Moving beyond self-help musings and "how to" advice, he has created a stylish, funny, and surprising book: a celebration of "the most excusively human of all activities."
In a time when conversation remains deeply important-- for building relationships, for relaxing, even for figuring out who we are-- and also increasingly imperiled (with Blackberries and texting increasingly in vogue), A GOOD TALK is a refreshing celebration of the subtle adventures of a good conversation.
To enter the giveaway you must become a follower by clicking the "Follow" button in the sidebar. Then leave a comment including your email address so I can contact you if you win.
You can get up to six (6) additional entries. Please leave a comment for each entry (so if you get all (7) entries, you will have (7) comments).
- Blog about this giveaway including a link to this blog. Please leave (2) comments with a link to your blog post for two (2) extra entries.
- Mention this giveaway on Facebook and include a link to this blog. Please leave (1) comment telling me you have done this for one (1) extra entry.
- Tweet about this giveaway and include a link to this blog. Please leave (1) comment with a link to your tweet for one (1) extra entry.
- Follow me on Twitter @chickitasarita and leave (1) comment with your Twitter ID for (1) extra entry.
- Follow my blog http://mamasjob.blogspot.com/ and leave (1) comment telling me you are for (1) extra entry.
- Giveaway restricted to US and Canada.
- Book cannot be shipped to a P.O. Box.